This document serves as a checklist to outline the information needed for EDG installations. Please use this guide to pull in appropriate IT resources and gather needed information prior to installation. The links in this guide will be very useful for new customers. Please read them completly.
1. Read the documentation for server installation at https://doc.topquadrant.com/7.0/server-installation/. Details on the below items will be found in this document.
2. Provision Tomcat server with appropriate sizing for users and data, plan for growth. Follow the guidelines provided upon purchase. Contact TopQuadrant support if you need a new copy of this information.
3. Ensure someone has root access to modify server.xml (<TOMCAT>/conf) and the web.xml (<TOMCAT>/webapps/edg/WEB-INF/).
4. Decide where the workspace, properties file, and vault will be located. The workspace contains configuration, connector and data files.
5. Ensure Tomcat has access to write to the directory for the workspace.
6. Server must be running supported Tomcat and Java. See https://www.topquadrant.com/products/supported-platforms/
7. Decide on authentication mechanism, LDAP, SAML for users, OAuth for APIs, Tomcat users.
If LDAP, have LDAP groups ready and know the following:
- Username for server connection
- Password for server connection
- User pattern string
- Role definition base
- Role name identifier
- Role search string
- Membership search string
- More info at https://doc.topquadrant.com/7.0/server-installation/
If SAML, have the following ready:
- SAML will only work with secure connections so set up HTTPS on your instance
- Path to IDP Federated Metadata URL or a copy of the file
- SP URL/Entity ID
- Attribute mapping URIs for username and role and optionally display name and email
8. Decide on active database storage options. TDB and XDB data (recommended) will be contained in the workspace. RDBMS will be in a separate Oracle or MySQL database. If using RDBMS have credentials ready for write access to DB.
9. Implement a backup strategy for the workspace and/or database. Backup often. https://doc.topquadrant.com/7.0/backup-and-restore/
10. If implementing more than 1 server (for instance explorer) both should have the ability to talk to each other.
11. Obtain the .war file and license file from TopQuadrant
12. After reading the installation guide and preparing the above information, you will be ready to deploy application, setup users and rights management. See https://doc.topquadrant.com/7.0/server-administration/ for Rights Management assistance. Follow the rest of the adminstration guide for additional configurations in EDG.
13. Optional but recommended: monitoring software (such as splunk or Zabbix) and logrotate.