1. Read the documentation for server installation at https://doc.topquadrant.com/6.4/server-installation/
2. Provision Tomcat server with appropriate sizing for users and data. Follow the attached guidelines spreadsheet.
3. Ensure someone has root access to modify server.xml (<TOMCAT>/conf) and the web.xml (<TOMCAT>/webapps/edg/WEB-INF/).
4. Decide where the workspace will be located. The workspace contains configuration, connector and data files.
5. Ensure Tomcat has access to write to the directory for the workspace
6. Server must be running supported Tomcat and Java. See https://www.topquadrant.com/products/supported-platforms/
7. Decide on authentication mechanism, LDAP or Tomcat users. Have LDAP groups ready and know the following:
- Username for server connection
- Password for server connection
- User pattern string
- Role definition base
- Role name identifier
- Role search string
- Membership search string
- More info at https://doc.topquadrant.com/6.4/server-installation/#LDAP_Configuration
8. Decide on active database storage options. TDB and XDB data (recommended) will be contained in the workspace. RDBMS will be in a separate Oracle or MySQL database. If using RDBMS have credentials ready for write access to DB.
9. Implement a backup strategy for the workspace and/or database. Backup often.
10. If implementing more than 1 server (for instance explorer) both should have the ability to talk to each other.
11. Obtain the .war file and license file from TopQuadrant
12. Deploy application, setup users, rights management, active database.
13. Optional but recommended: monitoring software (splunk.com) and logrotate.